STRATEGY & SETUP
Right now, you probably shouldn’t be spending your ad budget on billboards people won’t see, or morning commute radio ads people won’t hear. You need a marketing solution that’s centered around those who are working remotely. Luckily, all you have to do is take those same ads and tweak them to suit a digital audience!
Nearly a quarter of all people — and almost 40 percent of millennials — said they’ve been shopping online more frequently lately. Web traffic for many companies has grown exponentially, as well. As for social media, sponsored ad posts on Instagram and Facebook have seen a 76 percent uptick in likes, and campaign impressions are up 22 percent. In sum, people are online now more than ever, so we suggest taking advantage of that by pivoting some of your other marketing methods to digital.
Google Ads and boosted Instagram/Facebook posts are a great place to start. These are both extremely cost-effective ways to target an audience that’s already interested in what you offer.
Ads on Facebook and Instagram allow you to nail down exactly who you want to target by age, gender, interests, region and more. You can also decide what your overall purpose of the ad is — are you trying to drive people to your website, or to your profile? That’s all up to you. Just a few dollars can get you over 1,000 more views on any given post. The best part is, these are all people who would normally never see your content and are likely interested in what you have to say. With the right boosts, we’ve seen people’s engagement and web traffic improve 10-fold in a matter of days. This is a seriously powerful tool. You can implement basics yourself, or utilize 877’s targeting experience to help your ads make an even bigger impact.
Google Ads allow you to place ads on Google’s search and display networks. They’ve changed a lot over time, and now play a big part in how brands maintain awareness around certain key topics or phrases. Google Ads are a pay-per-click tactic, meaning you’re only charged for successful click-throughs. Google’s Big Data-crunching algorithms determine whose ad gets placed when, and where. It’s very important that you are strategic with your targeting, your keywords, your bidding strategy and your copy. The more you know your audience, the more Google will try to place your ads in front of them. Save & Exit
With Google Ads, keep these tips in mind:
- Start small and simple. It’s better to have a couple highly optimized campaigns than it is to have numerous, semi-effective campaigns.
- Monitor weekly and listen to the data. If your ads are performing better among a specific age group, you can tailor your bids to those users.
- Take advantage of Google’s Keyword Planner to conduct in-depth keyword research.
- Define what qualifies as a “Conversion”. This way, you can identify and track the factors directly impacting your lead generation.
- Listen to Google’s recommendations! Their machine-learning algorithms get smarter and improve with every input.
On social media, your boosted posts should:
- Contain a clear call to action
- Link back to your website
- Not be too wordy and contain just enough text to communicate your idea
- Include an eye-catching graphic
- Already be performing relatively well
No matter your budget, you can use these digital promotions to your advantage. Do some experimenting and see what works for you, and if you need further assistance, 877 is here to help identify the best strategies for your brand. Let’s talk digital!
Stay tuned for Part Five: Targeted Landing Pages. These campaign-specific pages will help elevate your digital ad efforts.